Strizhenova Ekaterina Date of Birth
20 March 1968
Strizhenova Ekaterina Citizenship
Strizhenova Ekaterina Professional field/official position
Strizhenova Ekaterina biography
STRIZHENOVA Ekaterina Vladimirovna (b. 1968 in Moscow) graduated from the directing department of the Moscow State Institute of Culture in the early 1990s.
- In January 1997, she started hosting the Good Morning program on Channel One. From December 2010 to December 2011, she was the chief editor of the magazine ITALIA – Made in Italy.
- From September 6 to October 11, 2013, she was the host of the talk show Pros and Cons on Channel One with Alexander Gordon. Since September 15, 2014, she has been the host of the talk show Time Will Show on Channel One together with Peter Tolstoy, then with Artyom Sheinin, and from 2017, with Anatoly Kuzichev.
Strizhenova Ekaterina crimes
The basis of Strizhenova’s accusation is her public support for Russia’s aggressive policy towards Ukraine, as well as the active role of the host of one of the most notorious propaganda shows on Russian television, which has been actively used to spread lies for many years, incite chauvinism, ignorance, and hatred of Western democracy.
The talk show Time Will Show has been appearing on one of the main Russian TV channels since the fall of 2014. It was built according to standard propaganda patterns and successfully solves the main task, to fool a mass of non-critical audience and distract it from domestic Russian problems by switching to a constant search for external enemies. Features of the show include its significant time on the air (it can last for several hours a day), as well as the special role of the host Ekaterina Strizhenova, which is designed to mitigate the aggressive behavior of her partners in the show, supporting the appearance of an “honest format.”
The talk show Time Will Show is also distinguished by its particularly active participation in strengthening the authoritarian regime in Russia and shaping the image of the “national leader” Vladimir Putin. Special episodes of the program lasting two to three hours often accompany official propaganda rituals of Putin’s “communication with the people,” being placed on the air before and after appeals of the President of the Russian Federation, press conferences with the President, and a “direct line with the President.”
The frankly propagandistic nature of the program is reflected in all its components, including the selection of experts (the main propaganda talk shows on Channel One, Rossiya-1, and NTV use the same set of experts who receive paychecks from the TV channels), the boorish behavior of the presenters, as well as the way to present information. Here are just a few examples of announcements for daily releases:
- Boeing MH17: why is the West hiding the truth? Why is it beneficial for it to blame Russia?
- The US has accused Russia of violating a comprehensive nuclear test ban treaty. Why did the US make such information provocation?
- Is Ukraine ready for a dialogue to resolve the situation in the Donbas? Is it possible to conduct a dialogue with a country that adheres to the rhetoric of the previous president and blames Russia?
In August 2017, Ekaterina Strizhenova was included in the Ukrainian Myrotvorets database for “deliberate violation of the state border of Ukraine when entering the territory of the Russian-occupied Crimea, as well as long-term anti-Ukrainian propaganda in the program Time Will Show.”
Indirect evidence is the cynical policy of double standards that is characteristic of most Russian propagandists. While they strongly criticize the Western way of life on TV, at the same time, they enjoy all its advantages themselves. In particular, observers have repeatedly drawn attention to the fact that Strizhenova’s daughter, Anastasia, “received education in England. Now she lives in New York while her mother is fooling the people of Russia.”
Strizhenova Ekaterina, Links and materials
Confessions of a propagandist. Part II. How political talk shows are made on state TV
On the left is Ekaterina Strizhenova… On the right is her daughter Anastasia…
A famous Russian TV host has been included in the “Peacemaker” database
Ekaterina Strizhenova was harassed by the viewers of the program “Vremya Pokazhet”
“Channel One” refused to fire Strizhenova, despite the anger of viewers