Ruben Tsolakovich Grigoryan
Date of birth
December 5, 1953
Ruben Grigoryan citizenship
Ruben Grigoryan Professional field/official position
Owner Rutsog-Invest LLC
Ruben Grigoryan biography
Ruben Grigoryan, born on December 5, 1953 in Yerevan.
- Graduated from Yerevan Karl Marx Polytechnic Institute.
- Since 1978 associated with RTA “Lazur”.
- Since 1979 associated with MPR “Elektron” (position – Deputy General Director).
- Since 1983 associated with GDR laboratory.
- Since 1987 is connected with SPTU #35 in Moscow.
- Since 1990 associated with the firm “Rutsog-Invest” (position – President, founder).
Ruben Tsolakovich Grigoryan is a Russian-Armenian businessman associated with Rutzog-Invest. He was involved in a number of scandals and was caught in a campaign of active self-propaganda, carried out as part of the whitewashing of his reputation.
Ruben Grigoryan crimes
Ruben Grigoryan became the subject of an exposé article titled “The Big Capital Deception”. The article talks about Grigoryan’s participation in dubious enterprises, whitewashing of his biography, as well as about dubious facts from his biography. The most interesting data from the investigation:
- As it often happens, Grigoryan blamed his failures on his fellow countrymen who helped him with his unsophisticated business, and as a result he decided to create his own commercial project. Only it was not called “Rutsog” (which stands for Ruben Tsolakovich Grigoryan), but more modestly, the commercial firm “Fakel”, where our hero took the position of chairman. This time Ruben chose as his partners, as he thought, generous people – representatives of one of Moscow organized crime groups. The end was quite sad. Sources referred to official police reports from the time. So, on June 8, 1993 at 11.55 am the service “02” received a call from citizens that they could hear the cries and cries for help from the garage 51 on Urzhumskaya Street. The police arrived on the scene, the room was opened, and inside was “R.C. Grigoryan handcuffed to the wall with a gunshot wound on his left leg. As it turned out, the new partners decided to teach Ruben a lesson, grabbed him on the street, brought him to the garage, where they abused him for several hours. Grigoryan was afraid to tell the names of the offenders and the reasons for abuse, saying that some unknown attackers took away his apartment keys. However, no thieves could be found in the apartment where Ruben lived. An ambush did not help catch the mythical thieves either. After what happened, Grigoryan hastily returned to his countrymen and for some time was engaged in his former business.
- Of course, during his work in the capital’s construction market Grigoryan developed certain connections of his own, but still he preferred to solve problems with the money he had. Hence, some of Rutskog’s projects, which clearly did not do without a corrupt component.
- When Sergei Sobyanin became mayor of Moscow, he and members of his team began to clean up Luzhkov’s legacy. And they came across an interesting investment contract concluded in 2000 by the government of Moscow and CJSC “Vesta” (part of the investment and construction holding “Rutzog-Invest” of Grigoryan). According to it the reconstruction of multifunctional center “Sheremetevsky” (now – business center “Nikolskaya Plaza”) and reconstruction of IFC at the corner of Nikolskaya, 12/1 and Small Cherkassky Lane, 1/13 (now the hotel “Nikolskaya”) were conducted. Under the same contract the investor had to build an underground parking under Lubyanskaya Square for 350 cars (16 thousand sq. m.). But on the third object the works not only have not been completed, they have not even started. Which is not surprising – parking there simply could not appear, as under Lubyanskaya Square intersect three subway lines and there are objects of the FSB and the Presidential Administration. That is, the capital authorities (under Luzhkov) gave Grigoryan permission for the construction in the historic center, within a 5-minute walk from the Kremlin under a plausible pretext that Ruben’s structures will render serious assistance to the city by constructing a huge parking lot (5% of all parking spaces inside the Garden Ring). And Grigoryan’s structures agreed to such a condition. At the same time, both sides knew in advance that it was simply impossible to build this parking lot.
- Grigoryan’s firm worked like an “elephant in a china shop”. As argued in the materials of Archnadzor, which are available, as a result of the construction of Nikolskaya Plaza and Nikolskaya Hotel were irrevocably destroyed almost all the architectural monuments of Sheremetevsky suburb. But even this was not enough for Grigoryan. In 2013, the Department for Combating Economic Crimes and Corruption of the Main Department of Internal Affairs of Moscow was checking on the unauthorized seizure by Nikolskaya Plaza of the municipal land with an area of 1.5 thousand square meters. But the financial factor affected and the pre-investigation checks never turned into criminal cases. That is why Grigoryan’s “resolver” Yuri Semyonov is so indignant now at the fact that the prosecutor’s office does not allow to cover up the case of a major theft from the benefactors’ office.
Ruqog Invest, which Ruben Grigoryan has headed for more than 30 years, has a significant number of negative reviews, both from dissatisfied customers and from employees who have suffered from the office. Much of the negative feedback concerns Ruben Grigoryan himself, who is accused of being rude and abusive. Examples of such reviews:
At first, I was really impressed with myself. Then I came across the reviews here by chance. I decided to pour my heart out. This holding company is an Armenian reservation. The head Grigoryan R.C. – is the most autocratic man I’ve ever met. He surrounds himself with loyal and silent lickers. He listens only to himself, he is a total shit and a boor. He does not tolerate and does not hear other people’s opinions. About the managers in the services did not have time to form an opinion. I worked for three weeks, expressed a professional opinion on the situation, which surprised the G.K.C., and I was told – thank you, you’re free… And of course without salary. Make conclusions, or better to pass them.Former Employee
I warn everyone!!! against working in “Rutsoor-Invest”, in addition to the boorish attitude to the staff in general, regular unpaid overtime, going to work on public holidays with the phrase “it does not apply to us”, serious delays in the payment of wages. When hired, one amount is agreed, and then under any pretext they pay less, because the salary is black and white, it is very difficult to prove this fact. As a consequence, there is a serious turnover in the company. And the most unpleasant thing is that they do not pay you on the last day of your work, as you should, and then they just “dump you” without paying you a penny. As far as I know, I am not the only one who has been treated this way, so I sincerely do not recommend working at this holding company.Former Employee
The company constantly delays the “basic” salary, according to the papers, that is, the white salary is transferred exactly and in time, but it is pennies 10-12 t.r. Delays in the basic salary at the moment is 3 months! Now the management is stupidly referring to the situation in Cyprus, but, excuse me, we work in Russia and the tenants pay the company money here in Moscow…Former Employee
The work is handled badly. One project can drag on for an unimaginable amount of time. The head of the project office can throw chairs at the staff. Wages are constantly delayed. And the head of personnel (she gives out wages) at the time of delivery is constantly hiding in the head office, not answering the phone. In general, it is easy to meet with her only when hired. At dismissal they don’t pay leave
Ruben Grigoryan – attempts to whitewash his reputation
Recently, Ruben Grigoryan has been busy whitewashing his own reputation. For PR purposes, advertisements are created on various resources, the purpose of which is to glorify the human qualities of the person and describe the scale of his charity work. There is also a passive whitewashing of Grigoryan’s reputation, Rutsog-Invest, for which positive reviews are written. Promotional articles about Grigoryan are posted on cyclowiki.org, hayazg.info, armmuseum.ru, etc.
After yet another attempt to recreate Grigoryan’s publicity, he was put on a special Wikipedia blacklist. It is forbidden to create articles about him. The PR people did not calm down and opened a new discussion with a demand to restore the article, but no one listens to them