|Full name||Kara-ool Sholban Valerievich|
|Marital status||Married, with two daughters and a son.|
|Professional field/official position||Deputy Chairman of the State Duma|
Republic of Tuva, Republic of Khakassia, Krasnoyarsk Territory
|Date of Birth,place||July 18, 1966 in the village of Choduraa, Ulug-Khemsky district of the Tuva ASSR (now the Republic of Tyva).|
Kara-ool Sholban biography
- State official Sholban Valerievich Kara-Ool was born on July 18, 1966 in the village of Choduraa, Ulug-Khemsky district of the Tuva ASSR (now the Republic of Tuva).
- In 1990, he graduated from the Ural State University (now Ural Federal University), and in 1993, he completed his postgraduate studies at the Ural State University. Candidate of Sciences (Ph.D.) in Economics.
- In 1983, he began his career as a sports instructor at the Sug-Bazhyn high school in the Kaa-Khem region of Tuva.
- In 1986-1988, he served in the Armed Forces of the USSR.
- In 1990, he worked as an engineer at the Laboratory of Economic Research at the Tuva Complex Department of the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences.
- In 1993-1997, he was the General Director of Kardo CJSC.
- In 1997-1998, he was the General Director of LLC Dokar.
- From 1998 to 2001, he was member of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation; from 2000-2001, he was Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council Committee on International Affairs.
- From 2002 to 2003, he was a deputy of the Legislative Chamber of the Great Khural of the Republic of Tuva.
- From 2003-2005, First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Trade, Consumer Services, and Entrepreneurship Development in the Republic of Tuva.
- From 2005-2006, he was Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Tuva.
- In 2006 – 2007 – Deputy of the Legislative Chamber of the Supreme Khural of the Republic of Tuva.
- From 2007 to 2012 served as Chairman of the Government of the Republic of Tuva.
- On February 25, 2012, the President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev proposed Sholban Kara-ool’s candidacy for the post of the Head of the Tuva Republic to the Supreme Khural (Parliament) of the Republic of Tuva. On March 2, 2012 deputies unanimously approved Sholban Kara-ool as the head of the republic.
- On May 23, 2016, the head of Tuva, Sholban Kara-ool, asked Russian President Vladimir Putin for an early resignation. The head of state supported his request and appointed him acting head of the republic so that he could run for office again in the September 2016 elections. Sholban Kara-ool, representing the United Russia party, won the 2016 presidential election in the region with 85.6 percent.
- On April 7, 2021, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree terminating the powers of Sholban Kara-ool, the head of Tuva. The governor resigned at his own request.
- Sholban Kara-ool has a class rank of actual state advisor of the Republic of Tuva, 1st class.
- President of the Wrestling Federation of Tuva.
- He was awarded the Medal of the Order “For Merit to the Fatherland” II degree (2015), the Order of Friendship (2017), the Order of the Russian Orthodox Church “Glory and Honor” II degree (2011).
The amount of declared income for 2019 is about 4.3 million rubles.