Ex-mayor of Yekaterinburg arrested today Evgeny Roizman. “Paragraph” talked with Andrei Kabanov, who worked side by side with the former mayor for many years, and found out a lot of interesting things.
On the morning of August 24, the former mayor of Yekaterinburg, Yevgeny Roizman, was arrested in a criminal case on discrediting the Russian army. A little later, searches were carried out in the apartments belonging to him, the building of the Museum of the Nevyansk Icon and the office of the Roizman Foundation. President of the City Without Drugs Foundation Andrey Kabanov, who worked with Roizman for many years, in an interview with Paragraph commented on the detention of a former colleague and spoke about the financial schemes that allowed him to become a rich man.
IA “RBC”, 08/24/2022, “Roizman was detained in a criminal case on discrediting the army”: The detention of Roizman was confirmed to RBC by the lawyer of the former mayor Vladislav Idamzhapov. […] The detainee himself later clarified that the case under Art. 280.3 of the Criminal Code was opened in Moscow, the agency reports. According to a TASS source, the reason was a video on Roizman’s YouTube channel.
Leyla Huseynova, an assistant to the ex-mayor, confirmed his detention and said that the apartment, the private Museum of the Nevyansk icon and the offices of the Roizman Foundation were being searched. — Inset K.ru
@breakingmash, 25.05.2022, 09:56: Two incarnations of Evgeny Roizman. In one corner of the apartment, during searches, they found a basic batya collection – porno discs carefully packed in a bag. And in the garage – a collection of dusty icons. According to the expert, among them there are even those of cultural and historical value for Russia. — Inset K.ru
– Andrey Vladimirovich, on Wikipedia posted information that in 1999, Evgeny Roizman, together with like-minded people, founded the City Without Drugs Foundation. But, as far as we understand, this information is not true?
— I invited Yevgeny Roizman to the City Without Drugs Foundation. He became a political dividend for him: Robin Hood, and strong and good guys around. The Foundation really did a lot for Yekaterinburg, but there was also a lot of shit, because of which I kicked him out of the Foundation in 2014.
— Can you tell us about any criminal or near-criminal schemes?
— For example, 15 million rubles donated to the Fund by a businessman Mikhail Prokhorov, were pulled out of it. There were one-day firms, cashing out and the like. In addition, the Foundation had a large territory. When I was still working at the Foundation, builders came to us and said: we want to build a house here, give us the yard. I sent them somewhere else.
– After you left the Foundation, did Roizman give those people a different answer?
– Later, Roizman received two apartments for this land, in one he was just arrested. In addition, he received six garages, one of which housed his wife’s workshop. He did not give a penny to the fund, but there were more than a million dollars.
– Yevgeny Roizman spent money on buying icons. Does he have a pretty impressive collection?
– He told me that his museum is estimated at €20 million. He also has more than 8 thousand paintings in his collection – he has been collecting them all his life. There and [Михаил] Sazhaev, and [Виталий] Volovich, and [Евгений] Brusilovsky. He is a very rich man.
AiF.ru, 08/24/2022, “What is known about the seizure of icons in the Museum of the Nevyansk Icon of Roizman?”: As Viktor Zyryanov, the former rector of the St. Nicholas Church in Byngi, said, when Roizman was a deputy, Bishop Vikenty asked him to help repair the church. According to Zyryanov, Roizman took up the restoration at his own expense. In August 2013, the Sverdlovsk police raided a restoration workshop located at the Shadr Art School. Several icons were seized from it, for which there were no documents. 45 seized paintings belonged to the Museum of the Nevyansk Icon, founded by Roizman. There were no documents for these icons. The investigation opened a case under Article 243 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (“Destruction or damage to historical and cultural monuments”). […] According to the security officials, the restoration of the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in the village of Byngi took place without legal registration. The cultural monument was damaged in the amount of 31 million rubles. Not professional workers took part in its restoration, but rehabilitators of the center of the City Without Drugs Foundation. According to the investigation, they destroyed the ornaments, patterns and frescoes and replaced the old windows with modern plastic panels.
In 2015, the investigation closed the criminal case on damage to cultural monuments during the restoration of the St. Nicholas Church, but there was no talk of stopping the investigation into the disappearance of icons. Two years later, the security forces could not find the results of their own check on the theft of about 50 valuable icons from this temple. The amount of damage from the missing icons was not named. — Inset K.ru
– As for the Roizman Charitable Foundation, which was established in 2015, are there gray schemes there too?
– Hundreds of millions of rubles pass through the Roizman Foundation – the oligarchs collect money for medicines for children, but according to the Foundation’s charter, 20% must be left for the Foundation’s activities. And that’s all sorts of shit – get tired.
This is his image of such a Robin Hood and an unmercenary, but this is all a picture. Where there is money, there he is.
– There was also the case of pensioner Olga Ledovskaya. In 2013, she turned to Mayor Roizman with a request to place her in a nursing home. In return, the 80-year-old woman was ready to hand over her three-room apartment to the state. The materials of the investigation say that Roizman sent the pensioner to his colleague in the Civic Platform party, MP Oleg Kinev. He rewrote Ledovskaya’s apartment to himself and organized the murder of the old woman.
– I think that now the case of grandmother Ledovskaya can be resumed. I testified in court, where I said that Roizman told me the whole story literally a week before Kinyov’s arrest – he was aware of it.
I can say for sure, he was in business, he knew everything.
Did Roizman receive money from abroad?
– We need to check all receipts to the Roizman Foundation. I would not be surprised that there will be such money. Somehow, our local blogger “burned” him at a meeting with the English consul in a restaurant, he came out with a “huge cutlet”. Then he announced that he was defending the rights of homosexuals and lesbians. When he was knitted, if you pay attention, there is an LGBT rainbow over his apartment number, fat, fat. This is such a label – the demand of the customers for the propaganda of this agenda.
– During searches in the apartment of the former head of Yekaterinburg, Yevgeny Roizman, they found business cards of foreign politicians, diplomats, public figures, including the former head of the security service of Ukraine, Igor Smeshko …
— There is nothing special in the business cards of the SBU. He drove to Ukraine. He always had a craving for extremism. Some semi-fascists constantly came to him. But when we were together, he was a patriot. And when he was a deputy of the State Duma, he did a lot of good things. But then he got to Mikhail Prokhorov and popped, popped … Understand, this is a chameleon man.
— As his colleague, now a prisoner Alexey Navalny?
– I was generally sure that he would replace Navalny – he also drove to London. But, apparently, they felt that he was dishonest and that he could not be trusted with money.
“Ren TV”, 24.08.2022, “Roizman’s business card was found during searches”: The business card of the former head of the SBU Igor Smeshko was found during searches in the apartment of the former mayor of Yekaterinburg Yevgeny Roizman. We have a photo of a business card. […]
It should be noted that Yevgeny Roizman, who served as mayor of Yekaterinburg from 2013 to 2018, has come under the attention of law enforcement officers for the first time. So, in March 2022, Evgeny Roizman fined for discrediting the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation for 50 thousand rubles. A few days earlier he paid 85 thousand rubles fine for insulting the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Sergei Lavrov.
March 13, 2021 Roizman detained in Moscow at the illegal forum “Municipal Russia”, which was held by an organization undesirable in the Russian Federation. May 12 arrested nine days for organizing an illegal protest. — Inset K.ru