|Full name||Kulibayev Timur Askarovich|
|Current status:||$2800.0 million, Forbes, 2021.|
|Professional field/official position||independent director Gazprom|
|Date of Birth,place||10.09.1966, Alma-Ata|
Timur Kulibayev Biography
- From 1988 to 1990, he worked at the Research Economic Institute of Planning and Norms (NIEI PIN) under the State Planning Committee of the Kazakh SSR.
- From 1990 to 1992, he was Director of the Scientific and Consulting Center of the Fund for Cultural, Social, and Scientific and Technical Development of Kazakhstan.
- From 1992 to 1995, he was the head of the Altyn-Alma Concern.
- From 1995 to 1997, he was Chairman of the Supervisory Board, member of the Credit Committee of the Almaty Trade & Finance Bank.
- 1997 – Head of Project Assessment and Negotiations Directorate of the State Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Investments (as Deputy Chairman).
- From 1997 to 1999, he was Vice-President for Economy and Finance at National Oil and Gas Company Kazakhoil CJSC.
- From 1999 to 2001 – President of “KazTransOil” National Oil Transportation Company CJSC.
- From 2001 to 2002 – General Director of “National Company “Oil and Gas Transportation” CJSC, established on the basis of “KazTransOil” and “KazTransGas” companies.
- From 2002 to 2005 – First Vice-President of JSC “National Company “KazMunayGas”, formed by merger of national companies “Kazakhoil” and “Transport of Oil and Gas”.
- From 2005 to 2013, he was a freelance adviser to the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- From 2006 to 2007 – Deputy Chairman of the Board of Kazakhstan Holding for Management of State Assets Samruk JSC.
- From 2008 to 2011 – Deputy Chairman of the Management Board of Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC.
- 2011 – Chairman of the Management Board of Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC, member of the Board of Directors.
- From 2011 to 2014 – Chairman of the Presidium of the National Economic Chamber of Kazakhstan “Atameken Union”.
- From November 2005 to the present – Chairman of the Kazakhstan Association of Oil, Gas and Energy Sector Organizations KAZENERGY.
- From September 2013 to the present – Chairman of the Presidium of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of Kazakhstan “Atameken”.
- Since 2011 – Member of the Board of Directors of PJSC Gazprom (since July 17, 2015 – PJSC Gazprom). Independent Director.
Timur Kulibayev Education
- Graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University with a degree in Economic Planning. Graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University with a degree in National Economy Planning, qualification “Economist”.
- Candidate of Sciences (Ph.D.) in Economics. Has a number of scientific publications and inventions.
Timur Kulibayev Awards
- Russian Order “Friendship” (2007);
- Order of the Council of Muftis of Russia “Al-Fahr” (2010 and 2016);
- Order of the Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Prince Daniel of Moscow, 2nd class (2010);
- Medal “Honorary Railwayman” (2011).
Timur Kulibayev crimes
Italian authorities may forbid Eni to work in Kazakhstan, suspected of bribing Nazarbayev’s son-in-law
The commissioner of the Italian oil company Eni in Kazakhstan, represented by its subsidiary Agip Kco, demands a ban on the subsidiary’s operations in the country, claiming that millions of dollars allocated for the development of Eni’s Kazakhstan business were spent on bribes to Timur Kulibayev, son-in-law of Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev. This was reported by the Corriere della Sera newspaper.
Timur Kulibayev bought Prince Andrew’s residence for a $20 bribe received from Italian oil workers
Italian investigators believe that Timur Kulibayev, son-in-law of Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev, bought the residence of the British prince on a bribe, Giuseppe Guastella wrote in an article printed in the Corriere della Sera newspaper.