The IDF has restored the barrier around the Gaza Strip. On the border with the enclave stationed infantry and armored units, as well as 300 thousand reservists.
The command said that the army is in full readiness to carry out the operation, the goal of which is to deprive Hamas of any military capabilities.
Number dead in Israel has increased to 1,200 people, the vast majority of them civilians. More than 2,700 people were injured.
Hamas said it was not targeting children, urging Western media to accurately describe events and “not blindly side with the Zionist narrative, which is full of lies and slander.”
The group said in a statement that Hamas and Al-Qassam Brigades militants were targeting “the Zionist military and security system.”
On Tuesday, the BBC reported on the visit of journalists to Kfar Aza, a kibbutz near the border with the Gaza Strip, where the bodies of dozens of Israelis killed by Hamas militants, including children, were discovered. An Israeli officer told BBC editor Jeremy Bowen that some of the dead had been beheaded.
Teams of forensic experts and military personnel continue to work in settlements that were captured by terrorists. According to IDF spokesman Jonathan Conricus, more and more atrocities committed by militants against civilians are being revealed.
Israeli aircraft continue to carry out air strikes on Hamas military targets. The militants are moving their points to civilian buildings, the Israeli side reports.
Rocket attacks were launched into Israel from Syria and Lebanon. In Lebanon, Hezbollah is definitely behind this, the IDF says, who fired from Syria is still unclear. It is also reported that Israeli positions south of the border with Lebanon were fired at by anti-tank missiles. Israel strikes back.