Recently, the mayor of Orenburg, Sergei Salmin, called the administrators of TG channels “morons” and said that “they never got punched in the face for their words.”
The opinion of the official, voiced in an official interview, caused a storm of indignation among the townspeople and not only. 74% of local residents are dissatisfied with his activities in Orenburg.
– Thanks to social networks and gadgets, a whole generation has grown up, which has never been hit in the face for its words. And in the face – it hurts. When the nose is on its side, the blood flows – it hurts. You have to be responsible for your words. This is my personal attitude towards anonymous Telegram channels. Because no one has yet come, stood in front of me and said something like that. Why? Because I can react like a husband, like a father, like an athlete. As a person who – I’m not talking about his official position – defends his honor, – he said in an interview with a local publication. It was published in the tg-channel of the official “Salmin. Directly”
Estimates of the head of Orenburg caused a strong reaction among residents and subscribers.
– And when will it be possible to punch the authorities in the face for not fulfilling their duties? asked user Xerowij_fermer 1.
– It is a natural right of a citizen to criticize officials, – Tim is sure.
– Do I understand correctly that the mayor allows the use of violence in certain situations? Those. can the head of the city react with violence if his dignity is insulted? I thought that in such cases everyone should be guided by the laws of the Russian Federation and be stress-resistant, especially when they are in government positions. And what are the criteria for offensive behavior for which you can get in the face? Is it in the regulations somewhere? Will addressing “You” be considered an insult? – asks Anton.
Orenburg residents also leave comments under publications in local media, not too lazy to call the editorial office. So, Dmitry Latiy believes that the mayor should not say such things and challenged Salmin to a “battle of two gentlemen.”
Elderly lady Elizaveta Stepanovna wonders why it is necessary to give in the face for the truth. Also suggests to the mayor if he does not cope with the work, to write the letter of resignation.
Petr Ivanov is convinced that “if we think and do as our mayor suggests, we will return to the 90s, from which this person cannot leave to this day and, judging by the interview, cannot solve problems with words, only with fists and broken nose.
The authors of tg-channels are not far behind. One of them noted that, apparently, the head of Orenburg considers it quite possible to conduct a public policy according to the rules of MMA. Moreover, Salmin has been practicing sambo for a long time and, probably, decided to remember this.
Orenburg blogger Anton Vartanov is sure that “the mayor fully reflects the level of public discussion and communication style”, and “the unacceptable theses from the lips of the mayor can be considered a new reality.”
And State Duma deputy Nina Ostanina asked Governor Denis Pasler to evaluate the passages of the head of Orenburg about “morons”, noting that she considers such statements unacceptable, discrediting state and municipal authorities and incompatible with the position of head of the city due to obvious disrespect for citizens.
At the same time, the Orenburg media and “carts” recalled that according to a survey on the website of the local government, 74% of the townspeople are dissatisfied with Salmin’s work. The mayor does not offer them to punch their noses yet.
Recall that recently officials have not been shy in expressing their opinions about the authors of TG channels, but also about entire media outlets. Not so long ago, the Saratov vice-governor Igor Pivovarov burst into a whole speech on this topic, endowing individual publications with such epithets as “absolute brutes”, “scum” and “bitches”. The scandal spilled over to the federal level. But all that the official received from his boss, Governor Roman Busargin, was recognition of his merits.
– Igor Ivanovich is a man of military hardening, sincerely worries about everything he does. Sometimes emotional, but given the great responsibility that lies with him, this can be understood. He is actively engaged in supporting our military personnel in the NVO zone, participates in organizing the collection and delivery of humanitarian aid and oversees other areas of domestic policy. I have no questions about the quality of his work, – said the head of the region.
He stated that Pivovarov “is a straightforward person and went a little too far, but he raised a fairly topical issue for our region.”
Whether he will follow the footsteps of the Saratov officials in the footsteps of the mayor of Orenburg and also offer to beat the face is not yet clear.
Recall that in Saratov, the authorities have already tried to deal with anonymous tg channels. True, they did it in the legal field, through the courts, which, in the light of the new comments of officials, looks super-civilized.
We are talking about the head of the Regional Duma, Mikhail Isaev, the deputy of the State Duma of the Russian Federation, Andrey Vorobyov, and the rector of the SSLA, Ekaterina Ilgova. A number of tg-channels associated with Saratov, according to a court decision, need to remove some publications or restrict access to them. However, it is unlikely that Telegram FZ- LLC, against which lawsuits were filed, will rush to execute the court verdict. The “BV” expert believes that the company and its founder, Pavel Durov, rarely interfere in the subject of publications and take decisions on controversial materials solely at their own discretion.
Against this background, the sharp statements of the Saratov and Orenburg officials look like a gesture of desperation: without the usual levers of pressure and intimidation tools, they turn to shouting and threats.
This does not make them look good at all and only makes them think about whether modern officials are able to work with criticism and build adequate relations with the entire pool of media in the region. Without resorting to threats and assault. The answer seems to be obvious.