History of poisoning
On July 30, it became known that 67 children and two adults were poisoned in the children’s camp “Mountain Eaglet”, located in the Shebalinsky district of Altai. “There have been cases of gastroenteric disease. A decision was made to temporarily isolate all the sick,” he said. – said the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Altai. In turn, the republican department of the Investigative Committee opened a criminal case under Part 1 of Art. 238 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (“Production, storage, transportation for the purpose of marketing or sale of goods and products, performance of work or provision of services that do not meet the requirements for the safety of life or health of consumers”). At the same time, the question arose of suspending the work of the camp.
It is noteworthy that in the camp itself, apparently, they tried to hide the state of emergency. According to NGS.ru, according to the words of the parents of the affected children, at first they said in the camp that nothing terrible had happened and the children were simply exaggerating. At the same time, the children themselves said that they were given a “green cutlet” in the canteen, and when the electricity was turned off in the camp and the kitchen could not cook, then bananas and yogurts. If we assume that dairy products were stored in non-working refrigerators, then poisoning simply could not have happened.
This is not the first time this has happened in recent years. In mid-June, children were poisoned at the Lazurny recreation camp in the Nizhny Novgorod region. On June 28, 86 children were poisoned in the White Mountains camp in the Amur Region, 10 of whom had to be hospitalized. At the same time, the parents were not informed about what had happened, and when the children were still able to write to them and asked to pick them up, the guards did not let the parents who arrived into the camp. On the same day, the activities of the children’s camp “Mirror” were suspended in the Pskov region, where an outbreak of an intestinal infection occurred. The most difficult situation was in the Nizhny Novgorod camp “Zolotoy Kolos”. A streptococcal infection was found there. The 13-year-old student has died.
According to experts, one of the main causes of poisoning is food poisoning. It arises due to a violation of the rules for storing food, that is, the fault of the personnel of children’s institutions is evident here. On the eve of the first race, Rospotrebnadzor conducts inspections of the camps, but it is clear that they are preparing for such inspections ahead of time. But after the departure of the sanitary doctors, nothing prevents the kitchen from working as God puts it on its soul. In turn, the Rospotrebnadzor states that it is forbidden for them to conduct sudden checks, they come to the camps only when the children are already lying side by side with poisoning. It turns out that they ticked the box – and at least the grass does not grow there.
Beach holiday among faeces
In the meantime, parents who decide to arrange a vacation for their children in the resorts of Abkhazia curse their choice. At the end of July, there was a strong outbreak of rotavirus infection. In Gudauta, 30 children and adolescents are admitted to the hospital every day, and the Sukhum Republican Clinic sees up to 60 people a day. Everyone has the same symptoms – digestive upset, severe vomiting, sometimes high fever. In total, over 300 children have suffered so far – all visitors.
Local doctors are not surprised. As the chief sanitary doctor of the Gudauta region explains Inga Chanba, Abkhazian children are vaccinated against rotavirus, and therefore do not get sick. Why are they vaccinated? Because every resident of Abkhazia knows that there are treatment facilities in the republic only in Sukhum, and they work somehow. On the rest of the coast, sewage is discharged directly into the sea, and often not far from popular beaches, so catching rotavirus here is elementary.
On July 30, in Krasnogorsk, near Moscow, 31 employees of the Soyuzsnab enterprise were hospitalized, who had previously dined in the canteen of the enterprise. They were diagnosed with an acute intestinal infection. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Ironically, the company is engaged in the production and supply of food ingredients.